• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Implementation Suggestions

K

kranzel

Hi All,

I am looking for some suggestions here. My company is currently revamping our infrastructure. Part of our business is Web hosting while other areas are ISP related.

We are in the process of migrating to various systems. One of these systems is plesk. When we are done, we will have about 5 Plesk servers and probably adding more in the future. We also have a mixture of Windows 2K8 systems and Linux systems.

Now here is the main question. For our network, we are going to have our DNS servers setup on our Linux boxes. These DNS servers will be used for our ISP activities and internal network stuff. The big question for us is Plesk. Should we allow Plesk to have it's own DNS and handle it on it's own? Or should we turn off DNS on Plesk and handle everything through out Linux DNS systems?

I can see and advantage to either way and am just wondering what others have to add? Also, If we were to stick with Plesk handling DNS, how does this scale? IE: If I have Five plesk servers, is there a way to setup a Primary/Secondary DNS on two Plesk boxes and have all other boxes look to them?

Thanks for any feedback.

Back