• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dns Issues

P

Pharaoh

I am currently using external dns routing to my server.
I want to use MSDNS on the server,

I have set up the zones, the domain is registered, i have changed the settings for the domain within plesk, but nothing is working.

Anything else i should try???

Unfortunately there is not enough information to estimate this situation. Please describe it in more detail.

I am trying to use MSDNS as i no longer want to use a third party for dns.

I have set up the domain within plesk and the coresponding dns entries were created automaticly in MSDNS server.

I have now waited 72 hours for this to populate over the net but it is still not resolving to the domain.

The domian name is pointing to the correct nameservers.

Is there anything else i need to do with MSDNS other than having the dns records ( MX NS A ) setup correctly?

Thanks for your help

Dang - Im not used to this BB just yet:

iTS attached where?

Ok ,

Here is the file again.

It says that my nameserver didi not respond fast enough??

How do I correct this?

Cheers

File upload not working too well. Lets try an image.

That didint work either??

basicly it got to the NS check and failed.
Said nameserver took too long to respond??

Any suggestions.

About DNS problem:
When you register domain name, you tell registrar the IPs of DNS servers which will host your zone (authoritative severs for zone). Change DNS IPS in registrar database and perform operations again

John S.G.

The ip of the name servers are correct with the domain registra. This was the first thing that I changed.

Back