• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS management for pointing domains to 1 account?

M

Mark ODonnell

I am using Plesk Panel 2.3 and I have 3 domains I wish to point to 1 domain account.
I have created a master domain account in Plesk with a static IP with all the web content. (www.domain1.com)
I have created 2 other regular domains without hosting both assigned to a shared IP. (www.domain2.com, www.domain3.com)

I changed the DNS A records for domain2.com and domain3.com so that they point to the static IP for domain1.com.
I added DNS A records for www.domain2.com and www.domain3.com so that they point to the static IP for domain1.com.

I waited for the DNS to populate and refresh and domain2 and domain3 both ping to the static IP but using a web browser they do not point to domain1.com.

Ok, so what else do I need to do? I need separate domain accounts for email management but I need all 3 domains to resolve to 1 hosting account. How do I do this?

What about using Forwarding hosting type for this purpose?

What about using Forwarding hosting type for this purpose?

Forwarding and domain aliases are both out of the question.

I need a couple of things to come together for this to work properly.
I need the domain names to resolve properly. So forwarding domain2.com to domain1.com will only resolve domain1.com
I am using DotNetNuke which hosts several portals on one framework. Normally I would use an alias but I need email accounts for domain2 and domain3 and Plesk won't support both alias and domain.

If I am incorrect please explain how I can manage this, otherwise I think DNS resolution is my only option and so far I am not having any luck with this either.
Thanks...

Back