• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS monitor to check that domains are still pointing to the server

davidremoto

New Pleskian
Hello!

I have several Plesk servers with client websites. Usually a client changes providers without warning, or the domain expires and is never renewed, and those websites are "stranded" on the server forever.

Is there an extension that monitors that the domain's DNS stays pointing to the server?

Regards!

I don't think there is an extension for that. However I am sure there are however third party services available that can monitor DNS changes. Like Monitor DNS Records | DNS Check for example.

Also it isn't that difficult to create your own script for this. Like with PHP, on which you can use the dns_get_record function. Tie it in with the Plesk API and you're done :) It is probably possible to accomplish something similar a shell script as well. The possibilities are endless really.

HI Rasp,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I am not an expert programmer, but I will investigate. I would like to believe that there is already something on github that I can use. If I get it I will share it with this community. :)

Back