• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS name servers

S

siteone

hello,

I need help setting up my name servers. I have tried many times with no results.

I add NS records to the DNS template

NS1.domain.com
NS2.domain.com

and than add 2 a records which points the the correct IP's

ns1.domain.com 55.55.55.55
ns2.domain.com 55.55.55.56

is this correct. Will all domains created from than on work with those name servers?

Thanks guys

ok, if this is the case. How would I set up custom DNS servers for my resellers?

You have resellers with plesk? that really works?

anyways just give them new ips they can use as their domain host for their nameservers. they need to set up each domain to point to their nameserver instead. I think the dns template is serverwide..

Yeah, I was thinking about doing it that way, but than I can't set up a template for my shared customers. This may be a catch 22. Yes, I offer reseller plans through Helm and plesk. Helm is much easier with this DNS stuff, but there is a demand for plesk as well.

I am interested in this now too. Newbie here.

First I added ns3 and ns4 ns entries. I had them point to the long version (ns3.domainname.com).

Then I added two A records. The A record associate ns3.domainname.com with the promary IP address, and then ns4 will get associated with the 2nd.

Does this sound right? And does it matter that the base domain name (without the nsx ) is hosting someplace else completely?

hi,
im having a problem when trying to add new template for ns2.
ns1 is already there...

but i get the error. "Nameserver Not valid"

in domain i enter 'ns2'
in nameserver i enter 'the ip address'

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks

robtbs,
nameserver is nsX.domain.com
the domain is just the domain, you can leave that field empty

secondary dns with only one plesk server?

My senario is currently 3 Windows Plesk servers.

Currently running as three stand-alone plesk servers.

My DNS is running on two FrreeBSD/ProBIND servers.

I have 2 registered name servers ns1.domain.dk and ns2.domain.dk at the moment.

But I would like to move all DNS the Plesk Server - but what do I need to get along?

I have this Idea:

Plesk01 ns1.domain.dk (primary)
Plesk01 ns4.domain.dk (seconday)

Plesk02 ns2.domain.dk (primary)
Plesk02 ns4.domain.dk (seconday)

Plesk03 ns3.domain.dk (primary)
Plesk03 ns4.domain.dk (seconday)

ns4.domain.dk could be a linux/freebsb or another windows/plesk

BUT how is the primary dns refreshing the data on seconday dns servers?

Best regards

Jacob :cool:

for the moment manual work is announced. I search also tool where make. it will be more aper difficult this on plesk servers to realize. since with a change dns the zone write again.. I work with separate dns which I address via menandmice. a better tool would make me lucky. I do not have straight so much time otherwise I it would program.

Back