• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS/Nameserver Configuration

Impyus

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Hopefully you guys can be of help, I have a Plesk server running Obsidian (18.0.25 Update #2) on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I have two IP addresses for this server and I have modified the default DNS Zone Template to specify my secondary IP for the ns2 entry. This is the only change I have made to it. I have since added a domain to the server and DNS has been populated from the template correctly with ns1.tiphmiller.com and ns2.tiphmiller.com. There are also correct A records for these and the DNS settings look fine. (See below)
Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 14.27.42.png
I have changed the domain nameservers at my registrar to reflect the ones in the DNS record on the Plesk server along with the relevant IP addresses. The problem I am having is that pointing the domain at my Plesk server is having no effect. The nameservers are picked up correctly on a DNS check as ns1.tiphmiller.com and ns2.tiphmiller.com but the A record is not being picked up and the site subsequently doesn't work.

I was under the impression that adding custom nameservers to point at my Plesk server to my domain would be sufficient for the Plesk server to become the authorative DNS zone for the domain. Any ideas why this doesn't work? Have I missed something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As I use my Plesk Install as a primary DNS for years now. There Only could be an issue with the Registrar.

Back