• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Not Working

B

badkneecap

I upgraded from 7.6 to 8.1 last night. When I try and go to a domain name that is hosted on the server, I get an error. The DNS names are not resolving. I have clients that host their own DNS and forward web traffic to my server and the sites come up just fine. However, I have ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com point to my server and they're not resolving. Before the upgrade, everything was working just fine. I can't figure out why it cannot see the DNS entries on my server. Any suggestions?

Example domain: www.warren1987.com

HELP PLEASE! My email is down because of this also.

UPDATE: It seems that my DNS Service will not start. Any ideas?

I continue to have problems. After a couple of hours of searching, I find that the problem is the DNS service is stopped and when I try and run it, it won't. I tried the latest patches, and no luck.

I also tried to run the reconfigurator. I was recieving errors with psa-serv.exe not running. I downloaded a patch, reran it, and again, no luck.

Before I downloaded the latest patch, I went in and tried the reinstall. Now, when I go to the services monitor, the DNS service doesn't even show up anymore. I then tried to uninstall it and then re-install it but I cannot get it to display.

I'm at a total loss. How can I get the DNS service to show again?

TIA

- PR

Back