• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS problem with domain aliases

S

slampaq

Hi everybody,

For my domains I use Plesk with bind as DNS server. I have set up the domain template to always use the same DNS servers (to be precise something like ns3.companyname.com). Of course this works fine and when adding a new domain all the DNS settings are made perfectly.

However when I add a domain alias to an existing environment then Plesk also creates the zonefile, but the SOA record is incorrect. It looks lik this:

@ IN SOA domainname.com. username.domainname.com. (
1127484709 ; Serial
14400 ; Refresh
3600 ; Retry
604800 ; Expire
3600) ; Minimum

It defines domainname.com as the DNS server, but that should be ns3.companyname.com.

So when adding a new domain all the settings are made correct, but when adding a domain alias this setting is done wrong in the zonefile of the domain...

Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how i can correct it (besides doing it manually)? Thanks!

Regards,

Koen

That's what I do now indeed, but why can't Plesk do this like it should, since it works fine with the main domains.

Hmmm... it is a good idea will make it automatically. Ask feature request to SWsoft, usually they release similar feature in 2-3 month.

Back