1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS problem with domain aliases

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by slampaq, Sep 23, 2005.

1. slampaq

slampaq Guest

Hi everybody,

For my domains I use Plesk with bind as DNS server. I have set up the domain template to always use the same DNS servers (to be precise something like ns3.companyname.com). Of course this works fine and when adding a new domain all the DNS settings are made perfectly.

However when I add a domain alias to an existing environment then Plesk also creates the zonefile, but the SOA record is incorrect. It looks lik this:

@ IN SOA domainname.com. username.domainname.com. (
    1127484709 ; Serial
    14400 ; Refresh
    3600 ; Retry
    604800 ; Expire
    3600) ; Minimum

It defines domainname.com as the DNS server, but that should be ns3.companyname.com.

So when adding a new domain all the settings are made correct, but when adding a domain alias this setting is done wrong in the zonefile of the domain...

Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how i can correct it (besides doing it manually)? Thanks!

Regards,

Koen

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

It seems that you can do it only manually

3. slampaq

slampaq Guest

That's what I do now indeed, but why can't Plesk do this like it should, since it works fine with the main domains.

4. vekna

vekna Guest

Hmmm... it is a good idea will make it automatically. Ask feature request to SWsoft, usually they release similar feature in 2-3 month.