• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Problems

G

glocon

I have a virtual dedicated server from godaddy with plesk. I had plesk 7.5 running and I re-provisioned the sever and now I have plesk 8.1.

I tried setting up a client account the usual way I had done earlier. Everything's fine but the domain wont point to the IP.
i.e: after setup when I type the domain www.xxxxxx.com in the browser it doesnt load up.

The Namesevers registered are the same and now changes were done. The sever IP's are also the same.

I looked around all over abd the only thing I can see wrong is the under services management the DNS Server is disabled or stopped. I tried to start it but it remains Red.

can someone please help me

Thanks

Originally posted by glocon
I tried setting up a client account the usual way I had done earlier. Everything's fine but the domain wont point to the IP.
i.e: after setup when I type the domain www.xxxxxx.com in the browser it doesnt load up.
What happen if you browse xxxxxx.com?

whats the resolution you used? I think I may be having the same error, In plesk I see bind is off for some reason and it takes long to start if at all through the web interface.

did u solve your problem? I can pot you how it was done if you havent

Back