• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Question www work but just the domain doesn't

I

Inner Child 77

I have posted borader questions around the same topic lately but there has been no response so I thought I would ask something that was straight forward.

I have a domain.

I can FTP using www.domain.com or the IP.

I get connection errors when trying to use ftp.domain.com
or domain.com

Now the ower setup a A record for one if the IP adresses.

Any suggestions why these other won't connect or a way to use them?

Thanks

IC

In both of your posts, you have failed to detail the contents of the external DNS records (all of them).

As a broad answer, I would have to say that your client did not setup their DNS properly. In general, it sounds like they did not put any records to handle www. or ftp. or even *. to point to your server's IP address.

Borg answer: tell them to comply.

Since they insist on maintaining their own DNS externally, nothing you do on the Plesk server for their domain's DNS is going to have any effect.

I hope I remembered the facts about client's external DNS properly from your other post. If I am mistaken, then I apologize in advance.

To be honest, when I read your other post, I was not clear on what you were getting at, or maybe I was just too tired...

Thanks James I wasn't sure if I had all the right information. I'll contact them and get things figured out.

LAter

IC

Thanks everybody but there stll seems an issue. I have emailed Plesk reagarding the fact that there is no support for the compnoents they support and asked them the requirments for the PPWSE to connect.

THe client has made to additions but I still can't connect.

I thought becuase you use the FTP username and password for the CMS as well that by adding that record it would work but I seem to be mistaken.

I know there isn't alot out there for the paticular component so I would be will to take any suggestions to try and get a connection.

Something I may not have mention is that the connection problem is with this client only. All others are working just fine using the same component.

Thanks

IC

Back