• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS Server is Not Serving after Migration from Plesk to Plesk

AnyTimeCoMM

New Pleskian
We have an older VPS from IONOS that was acting as our NS1 & NS2 with 2 ips and about 30 domains. We grabbed 2 Dedicated Servers and have used the PLESK MIGRATION TOOL to move all domains to each box separately just like they were bound to the previous machine on different IP.s

Since migration we;ve not been able to resolve anything. Our own domains don't get an answer from Plesk. i.e. ns1.domain.com is not resolving on the new box even though our REGISTRAR is pointing to the IP4 & IP6 addresses respectfully,.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Plesk Obsidian/Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Appears the IONOS firewall didnt have port 53 UDP/TCP.. just had UDP 53..... UGH.... 24 hours of pain overlooking something so very small..

Welp it worked while it lasted back to not being able to do any form of DNS resolution... I know this has to be something with IONOS but because I'm not using their DNS, they wont help..........

Ive check resolvd.conf and all but im totally done at this point. my brain is fried.

Back