• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue DNS server

mudassar

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I just bought some domains from an international company and they don't allow me to transfer the domain away from them. When I try to edit the name server to point to my server with plesk on they say that they do not support IP addresses and it has to be a domain. So i entered ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com

I've set up the domain in plesk so ns1.domain.com exist on the server. But without the IP address how does the domain get linked to my server?

They are no help at all, not replying to any support emails.

Hi mudassar,

There is a KB with information on how to configure NS-record for some popular DNS registrars - How to use DNS with a Plesk server.

If your registrars do not provide the ability to configure "vanity nameservers" and they do not allow you to transfer domains to other registrars, I see an option like registering a technical domain in another registrar who allows adding IP-address.

E.g.: ns-domain.com with ns1.ns-domain.com, ns2.ns-domain.com, ns3.ns-domain.com and use them in the first registrar with your domains.

so i have a dedicated server running windows and i also have some hosting with the server provider.
If i i set the name server to ns1.myhostprovider.com I can use the hosting package they provide, However it is wholly inadequate for my needs.

IS there a process i can forward the domain from there to my plesk dns? Life will be easier eg ssl with plesk automatically managing the records etc.

so i have a dedicated server running windows and i also have some hosting with the server provider.
If i i set the name server to ns1.myhostprovider.com I can use the hosting package they provide, However it is wholly inadequate for my needs.

IS there a process i can forward the domain from there to my plesk dns? Life will be easier eg ssl with plesk automatically managing the records etc.
What do you think about free web hosting? As for me, a very good idea for the development of newcomers and their activities. Many newbies cannot afford to master web hosting because of the money, and this idea will help their learning come true. This is a very good idea, you must implement it. If you get really good results, you can develop hosting and web hosting and upgrade to free hosting platforms for training. I know of one site that has everything you need to research hosting and websites. Take this as an example if you want to develop in this activity.

Last edited:
Back