• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question DNS settings Domain cannot be resolved

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
In the dns-settings of my domain (and all subdomains) I found the warning: "DNS settings Domain cannot be resolved" and when open the dns-settings the information appears:

Your website is offline because the domain name is not resolving to the server IP address. To get your website online, update the DNS settings at your domain registrar or your external DNS provider. Your website will be up and running as soon as the DNS changes go into effect. This can take up to 24 hours.

However, in opposite to this plesk warning my domain is online and works without problems.
I added

[dns]
enableResolveChecking = false

to panel.ini and the warnings disappeared but I am concerned whether this is a good solution.

Any idea how to solve this?

Last edited:
Did you verify (from an external server) that your domain really resolves to the IP of your server?
Your website could be online but maybe it's running on another server...

Did you verify (from an external server) that your domain really resolves to the IP of your server?
Your website could be online but maybe it's running on another server...
Yes, everything works fine.
For now I stopped the warnings by setting

[dns]
enableResolveChecking = false

to panel.ini but I am concerned whether this is a good solution.

Thank you Monty, I will leave it for now as the warnings disappeared and external services confirmed that my server is properly working. However, I will spend some more time in investigation and once I found something of common interest I will report it here.

Back