• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Templates

Stepster

Basic Pleskian
I'm new to Plesk. At the moment, I'm evaluating everything on a trial license before hopefully deciding to purchase a license.

I'm slowly getting my head around things, but do have one problem that I cannot seem to resolve.

I'm using a Windows EC2 virtual machine on the Amazon Web Services. The machine is within my own VPC (Virtual Private Cloud) and has six private IPs (10.10.0.40-10.10.0.45) which are mapped by Amazon to six public Elastic IPs.

So, Plesk sees the private IPs.

I want to be able to launch services on three of my IPs. I plan to segregate sites (for example, a reseller on one IP). I can see that I can create plans and assign them so that they launch on a particular IP.

But the problems arise with setting up the DNS. This gets setup with the local IPs - obviously that's no good!

The documentation states that, the way around this is to remove <ip> from the DNS Template and replace it with the actual IP.

Well, that's fine, but that limits me to using just one IP address, unless I manually go into the system and alter the IP address. Surely there's a better way of handling this?

So my question really is, am I limited to just one site-wide DNS template or can I create multiple templates and associate different templates with different plan/products? That way, I can setup a particular plan and be sure that the DNS will always be setup correctly to make this work.

if you want to set the dedicated Ip to certain users then you will; need to assign them it while creating user/domain and if the domains are already created then you can go to customize hosting settings and change the ips.

22 months and 3 days for a reply. Probably a bit late to help me now. But hopefully a useful reminder to others that Parallel support is not exactly responsive.

Back