• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS transfer zone problems. Plesk and Windows 2008

• Thread starter Vicente Madrid Fernandez
  • Start date
V

Vicente Madrid Fernandez

Hello. Excuse my english.
I have 2 servers with Plesk 8.6 and Windows Server 2008 (server1 and server2). Both are configurated with MS DNS.
I have configurated in the first plesk (server1) various domains with the service dns. This server is the primary dns authoritative for the domains and the dns plesk configuration is writed in the DNS windows mmc correctly.

The secondary authoritative dns is server2. I want configurate this function with the windows dns mmc and not with plesk because I don´t want duplicate the domain configuration in both servers.
When I configured the zone as secondary the transfer work correctly, but when I add or delte dns records from primary server in plesk control panel (server1), the changes not transfer to the secondary dns (server2).
If I add or delete dns record in server1 directly in windows dns mmc, the changes are transfer to the secondary dns automaticaly with no problems.

No firewall beetween servers, and the transfer zone ar allowed for server1 and server2.

Any idea?.
Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm experiencing the same exact issue.
Please let me know if you know of a fix/workaround

Thanks!

Back