• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS zone file please help

R

rac

Hello

i searched the web about the issue i got but i could not find any thing about it , so i registred here, and i know this is the right place where i can get some advise about how i can fix this

i have a VPS Win/2k3 OS , with plesk , i created domain names and redirected some of my websites to it using name servers, everything is working great except one of them i thought first that was a problem of propagation but i waited 48H and still nothing got resolved , i contacted customer support of the provider they could not find what is going on , i took a look while browsing the directory of plesk in HD i found list of my domain names as files domain.com one is missing searched the internet and found some info about named.conf , i edited the file could not find anything about the domain so i copied the lines and changed somethings in it and restart it after i create the domain.com file in the var directory and the domain name worked great , that was a big relief but after an houre , the website again went down , plesk override all the work i have done, i dont know why plesk did not creat that file and changed the variables in the named.conf when i created the domain first time, so i did it manually but now it will be override every time , if some one here can advise on how i can fix this

thank you in advance

Hi,

When you created a domain through Plesk CP, its DNS settings were written to Plesk database and normally, they should be written to BIND configs as well.

You can try to update BIND configs for this domain namually in the following way:
Start > Run > 'cmd':
> cd %plesk_bin%
> dnsmng update domain.com

After that, check how it is resolved by Plesk name server:
> nslookup domain.com Plesk_IP_address

It it will not help, I would suggest you contact Parallels tech support for help as Plesk database needs to be checked (especially, table that contains information about this DNS zone)

Back