• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Zone Serial #'s

Sad that many people don´t see the real problem behind this issue. Even if RFC is only a recommendation and not mandatory, the DNS service of Plesk should and must be RFC compliant. Many ISPs and also Domain Registries with their nameservers support only the YYYYMMDDnn format. Now if you´re running Plesk as a master for your zones and an ISP slave we get a problem with following example:

The ISP is member of several domain registries. The customer of the ISP who is running his Plesk as a primary for his new domains he wants to register through the ISP would bring up the following issue at least with the german registry Denic.

Try to register and/or update a domain, where you specify the Pleskserver as Primary and the ISP as slave server you´ll receive an error, because the german registry robot says:

Warning, the serial number does not meet the YYYYMMDDnn format, register/update not success.

So much for a Unix Timestand is sufficient! WHICH is NOT!!

Thanks!

SW-Soft: Get working guys. Hotfix needed urgently!!! The community will not stop bugging until you get it sorted ;)

Changimg the SOA serial number Format to RFC Recomended

Hi, has there been and development on this issue.

I can not host any .de domains on my plesk server as every time I try to change the nameserver at the ISP we get and error message "the zone serial number is in the wrong format." seems unless I change the format to RFC recomended they won't allow us to change the nameserver unless they comply.

any help would be appriciated

My guess is that there has been no development on this issue, however, as I have noted elsewhere you can do this with Plesk Expand's centralized DNS feature.

Back