• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS Zone template has no TTL values resulting in 0 when transferred to Secondary DNS

GwenDragon

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
I checked DNS settings and zone template and found that the TTLS values are empty.
DNS Zone template has no TTL values resulting in TTL 0 when transferred to a Secondary DNS.

That was not before, some Plesk Obsidian update must have caused this.

Debian 11.6
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.50

Known issue?

1675438823650.png
1675438869864.png

In /var/named/run-root/var/ the domains zone files in have $TTL 86400 on top of their zone files:

Code:
; *** This file is automatically generated by Plesk ***
$TTL    86400

Should i reset it?
With
sudo plesk bin domain --list | xargs -I {} sudo plesk bin dns --update-soa {} -soa-ttl 1D -soa-refresh 3H -soa-retry 1H -soa-expire 7D -soa-minimum 3H -soa-serial-format yyyymmddnn

I checked DNS settings and zone template and found that the TTLS values are empty.
DNS Zone template has no TTL values resulting in TTL 0 when transferred to a Secondary DNS.

That was not before, some Plesk Obsidian update must have caused this.
You mean you've previously set custom TTL values in the DNS Zone template and now these TTL values are missing?

In /var/named/run-root/var/ the domains zone files in have $TTL 86400 on top of their zone files:
Which corresponds with the 1 day TTL selected in your second screenshot.

I have not set any userdefined TTL but i remember as i inspected the DNS template last year they had all the same TTL set and i do not remember well the value.

My irritation is: why is this 1 day not shown in TTL column of zone template?

Since this is for the template I wouldn't worry too much but if you think it's a big you should report it in the reports section:

Back