• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS Zones being deleted when adding subdomain or syncing DNS

Christian Schou

New Pleskian
Hi,

In the past when i was adding subdomains the domain would be added automatically with the DNS template and synchronized to Digital Ocean. Today i tried adding a new subdomain thorugh the websites & domains tab, to one of my existing domains as i have done many times before - that ruined the DNS setup totally. The local DNS server is not activated on subdomains (is that normal?) and removed the DNS settings from Digital Ocean, so now im left without mail access etc..

I tried installing a new server with Plesk from Digital Ocean and made the auth from plesk to DO. It's the same problem i got there, subdomains are not created normally and not all DNS settings is synced.

The Plesk server is updated and all packages is also up to date.

Hi Christian Schou,

This week you can face with error "SOA records are not eligible for deletion" when tried to sync Plesk with DigitalOcean DNS. We have prepared an update to for the extension and it will be published very soon (the version with the fix will be 1.1.3).

Have published:
Code:
Changes
1.1.3 (22 May 2019)
[-] Sync of DNS zones between DigitalOcean DNS and Plesk no longer occasionally fails with the “SOA records are not eligible for deletion” error. (EXTPLESK-894)

Could you please update the extension and check that the update fixes your issue?

Back