• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNSLookup in AWStats Conf

Ian Cunningham

New Pleskian
I've got AWstats running for all domains on my server, but there are so many hits that AWStats can't keep up with processing them all during the day.

It turns out that when the DNSLookup lookup option is enabled it can take MUCH MUCH longer to process.

I've tried disabling DNSLookup in the domain .conf files located in both the inetpub directory and %plesk_dir%Additional\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ directory. I've even updated the model.conf file. None of these work as it gets overwritten by the statistics.exe file each day.

According to the following KB article (http://kb.odin.com/en/1776), I can't change the DNSLookup option anyway. Can someone please tell me how I can work around this, as it seems strange that this variable is set in stone!? It means I can't run my stats package.

But there is a list of parameters that are required by Plesk and will be overwritten in any case:

LogType, LogFormat, SiteDomain, HostAliases, DNSLookup, DirData, DirCgi, DirIcons, SaveDatabaseFilesWithPermissionsForEveryone, DefaultFile, LogFile, HTMLEndSection

Back