• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Several issues with current plesk version

Space Monkey

Basic Pleskian
I've been running a bunch of server for over a year now with almost no problems until now.

It begins when I launch a new server and login, the Initializing Plesk... screen just stays there for ever until I refresh the page or open a new tab and login.

Next issue is litespeed.

I've installed the litespeed extension on almost all my servers with no issues at all and again until now. As soon as I disabled nginx and activate litespeed and then then install WordPress, always a white screen. This has never happened.

Someone on the litespeed forum said its a bug in Obsidian 18x and when you disable nginx, plesk doesn't regenerate the apache conf.. Is this true?

Also, I never used to get a mail when I log in through the console now every time I get a mail with:

Code:
"/var/mail/root": 1 message 1 new
>N   1 Cron Daemon        Sat Feb 15 14:10  23/1070  Cron <www-data@guest> [ -
?
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: root
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by guest.localdomain (Postfix, from userid 33)
        id CCB0C666EA; Sat, 15 Feb 2020 14:10:01 +0000 (UTC)
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron <www-data@guest> [ -x /usr/share/awstats/tools/update.sh ] && /usr
/share/awstats/tools/update.sh
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Cron-Env: <MAILTO=root>
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/var/www>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=www-data>
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 14:10:01 +0000 (UTC)

Error while processing /etc/awstats/awstats.conf
Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edi
t it for using this version of AWStats.
Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
?

Ubuntu 18x, Vultr server

ps: please move to linux section

Last edited:
I've been running a bunch of server for over a year now with almost no problems until now.

It begins when I launch a new server and login, the Initializing Plesk... screen just stays there for ever until I refresh the page or open a new tab and login.

Next issue is litespeed.

I've installed the litespeed extension on almost all my servers with no issues at all and again until now. As soon as I disabled nginx and activate litespeed and then then install WordPress, always a white screen. This has never happened.

Someone on the litespeed forum said its a bug in Obsidian 18x and when you disable nginx, plesk doesn't regenerate the apache conf.. Is this true?

Also, I never used to get a mail when I log in through the console now every time I get a mail with:

Code:
"/var/mail/root": 1 message 1 new
>N   1 Cron Daemon        Sat Feb 15 14:10  23/1070  Cron <www-data@guest> [ -
?
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-Original-To: root
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by guest.localdomain (Postfix, from userid 33)
        id CCB0C666EA; Sat, 15 Feb 2020 14:10:01 +0000 (UTC)
To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron <www-data@guest> [ -x /usr/share/awstats/tools/update.sh ] && /usr
/share/awstats/tools/update.sh
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Cron-Env: <MAILTO=root>
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/var/www>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=www-data>
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 14:10:01 +0000 (UTC)

Error while processing /etc/awstats/awstats.conf
Error: SiteDomain parameter not defined in your config/domain file. You must edi
t it for using this version of AWStats.
Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).
?

Ubuntu 18x, Vultr server

ps: please move to linux section
We use obsidian with litespeed in several server, no problem for us.

No problem for me either until I launch a new server. But I see there is a new release, let's see what happens.

Pls always add some more infos:

Whats OS are you running on and which version exactly?
Which exact version of Plesk is installed?

What OS and Plesk Version are the Servers running on which are working properly?

I anyway can not help you with Lightspeed related problems, but if someone can, this person may will not help you due to the lack of information

Pls always add some more infos:

Whats OS are you running on and which version exactly?
Which exact version of Plesk is installed?

What OS and Plesk Version are the Servers running on which are working properly?

I anyway can not help you with Lightspeed related problems, but if someone can, this person may will not help you due to the lack of information
Ubuntu 18 or more specific 18.04.4 LTS
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.24

All my other servers have the exact same setup although some of them I created when it was still onyx and some on obsidian but earlier plesk versions.

Ok. Something newly weird. Launched a new server, updated to Plesk 18.0.25, installed Litespeed, site works now however when I go to buildwith.com it shoes as webserver Nginx o_O

Hmm on browserspy it shows Litespeed, so I guess it's good now.

when I go to buildwith.com it shoes as webserver Nginx o_O

What would be the problem with Nginx? If you cant tell the difference between performance by just calling the site it is useless anyway. But thats just my opinion.

Dont trust BuildWith.com they sometimes are wrong or cache things.
Just have a look at the header in the devconsole and dont trust 3th party services!
If you want you can send the domain to me and I will check it what webserver is running behind it.

Back