• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

dnsreport.com, Acceptance of domain literals. How to fix?

M

mostym

Hi all,

How do i fix the below?

Thanks,

Matthew

INFO Acceptance of domain literals WARNING: One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail in the domain literal format (user@[0.0.0.0]). Mailservers are technically required RFC1123 5.2.17 to accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP addresses. Not accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to test your mailserver, and can prevent you from receiving E-mail from people reporting problems with your mailserver. However, it is unlikely that any problems will occur if the domain literals are not accepted (mailservers at many common large domains have this problem).

srv1.mostconsulting.net's postmaster@[66.98.218.91] response:
>>> RCPT TO:<postmaster@[66.98.218.91]>
<<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
mail.mostconsulting.net's postmaster@[66.98.218.91] response:
>>> RCPT TO:<postmaster@[66.98.218.91]>
<<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

Don't fix this.

When was the last time you (or anyone you ever knew) sent mail to [email protected] or whatever, and expected it to actually be seen by anyone?

99% of the mailservers out there wouldn't deliver it, even though it is technically an RFC requirement. Then again, there's an RFC that requires you to accept mail to [email protected], and most people either dont have that setup, or get so much spam to that address that they dont actually read stuff sent there anyway.

I would just make sure you had an [email protected] address setup for your domains (forwarded to you for your customer domains, for example), and then register it with the appropriate people so it can be used..

Back