• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DNSSEC and Dane

T

timscha

Hello!

I just tried the new DNSSEC extension, which is working very well.
But to have DNSSEC alone is boring. :) So I want to use DANE. But for this... I need TLSA records in my dns zone. Is it possible that you can add them soon?

Thanks!
Tim

Hello !

Is this enough popular to be added ?
This function is interesting for security.

Thanks
The request is this year 6 years old so no do not count upon it being added. The frustrating part is that open source control panels have more security for dns and other functions then Plesk. Plesk is running behind and long standing wishes are not granted.

@IgorG what is the threshold of considering user requests from Uservoice?
The request for DANE has 220 (!) votes, i.e. ranks on position 32 currently and is now almost 5 years old.
Looking at what is required for this, I'd assume that a mediocre developer / computer science student would be able to develop such a plugin within a few hours / days. So what is it REALLY that keeps Plesk from fulfilling our wishes?

@B_P we have an internal document regarding DANE support - PPM-1952, which is under the developer's consideration.
I can only assume that the implementation of this DANE support is not a primary concern for developers. There can be many reasons for this. Unfortunately, we cannot immediately fulfil all the wishes of our users. This is a matter of features prioritisation, internal strategy, pricing, and many other complex conditions.

As you rightly noticed, such an extension can be quickly developed on your own using our documentation posted publicly: Plesk Extensions in a Nutshell

I'm having to tell our customers that we can't offer something relatively basic that our competitors are able to offer. This is a pretty hard sell and doesn't inspire confidence.

Please make this a priority.

I'm having to tell our customers that we can't offer something relatively basic that our competitors are able to offer. This is a pretty hard sell and doesn't inspire confidence.

Please make this a priority.

@IgorG Short ping

As a side note, people start becoming disappointed with Plesk: It seems that the only "update" that regularly happens, is the annual price increase, which started since Plesk was bought by Oakley Capital Limited. This is what you get if someone has a monopoly: increased prices while service and quality do not necessarily improve. Looks like we should really think about other prominent open source platforms as an alternative.

Microsoft published an Office365 message center notification MC308285 on December 24, to say that a slow roll-out of DANE and DNSSEC for outbound email will start in mid-January 2022 and complete by late May.

Since Office365 is by far the largest e-mail provider world-wide, this will have a huge impact.

Back