• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Do incremental backups know about deleted files?

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.45
Hi

Let's say I have a website. I set in motion an incremental backup on Monday. So; on Monday it backs up the complete site. On Tuesday (daily schedule) it backs up the new files I added on Tuesday and so we now have the original full backup and an incremental which just contains the files I added on Tuesday. Good.

On Wednesday I delete a file. The next incremental backup runs after this.

On Thursday I do a restore using the last incremental backup from Wednesday as the starting point.

Will the file I deleted on Wednesday be in the restored site? If not (and I hope/assume not) how does Plesk 'delete' it? It must maintain some kind of an index of deleted files?

Thanks,

@WebHostingAce I did not find the information, that a deleted file is not included in a restore, in the docs. It is only saying that is stores changed files and new files. I think the question was whether a file that was included in the full backup, but not in a later increment, will be restored. The docs are not saying that meanwhile deleted files are no longer present in a restore.

Probably the best will be to test the scenario in a small test account in order to find out what will really happen.

Back