• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Docker and Redis Configuration

isomonkpiss

Basic Pleskian
I have the newest Version of Plesk Onyx installed on Centos 7.

I m starting docker and downloading the official redis container. But for some reason i can not map my custom config-file into it.

This data i m using for Volume Mapping:

Destination: /usr/local/etc/redis/redis.conf
Source: /data/redis.conf

After that nothing happened and my config file is not into the Container. Maybe a Permissions Problem?

Need help

Hi

The docs are wrong!

To add a volume mapping, specify the following:
In the first (left) box - the path to the directory on the server that you want to mount in the container.
In the second (right) box (marked as Source) - the path to a directory inside the container.

It is the opposite! In the left box, you write the path that the container knows; on the right you set a local path! I wasted a complete day with this!!!!

Hi

The docs are wrong!

To add a volume mapping, specify the following:
In the first (left) box - the path to the directory on the server that you want to mount in the container.
In the second (right) box (marked as Source) - the path to a directory inside the container.

It is the opposite! In the left box, you write the path that the container knows; on the right you set a local path! I wasted a complete day with this!!!!

I haven't noticed this mistake in the documentation previously, but you are right, documentation isn't correct.

You can use the command-line to launch your container if you have issues with the Plesk interface. For all advanced configuration, I use docker-compose to deploy my containers.
About redis container, I use the bitnami image because there is a documentation about usage and all variables listed.

Back