• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker Customize docker run

ruohki

New Pleskian
Hey there, id like to deploy a mongodb instance (used this image: https://hub.docker.com/r/_/mongo/)

however id like to turn on security but for that id need to pass an extra command to the docker run

is there any way i can edit that from within plesk? I really dont want to end up configuring all containers by hand when i just need a simple installation

That does not quite answer my question. I am talking about appending something to the docker run command that is issued by plesk when booting up a container.
The docker container does not seem to pull any envrionment vars into the startup process

Hi,
I would also be interested having a possible answer to this question.
I can't see any way to run a command.
It doesn't seem very practical to create a different image for each different command we may use!!!
Does it make any sense?
Thanks in advance

Unfortunately current version of Docker extension doesn't allow you to pass extra commands to "run" command.
Maybe your problem could be solved via environment variables like MONGO_INITDB_ROOT_PASSWORD. See for details: How to enable authentication on MongoDB through Docker? and mongo/Dockerfile at 43961bc0aeeef095f34aa4bb9bf9950e2f862242 · docker-library/mongo · GitHub
Alternative way is to install "portainer" (Docker container based on the image w/ such name). It's a web control panel to manage Docker container and it looks rather promising. See Portainer | Simple management UI for Docker

Back