• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Docker deactivated in components, still running

Oliver Marugg

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Just a question:

Currently I do not (yet) need docker on my plesk. I deactivated Docker in add/remove components and it seems to be not active (red).
But there are still running docker processes. What about disabling with servicectl? I just do not want probably unstablize the running system, I've got no test server.

Any experiences from plesk users with disabling this docker service?

Hi Oliver Marugg,

pls. consider to REMOVE docker - related packages with apt-get/aptitude/dpkg on Ubuntu/Debian based systems, if you do not need it. Search for the corresponding package names with for example :
Code:
dpkg -l | grep docker

Example output:
Code:
ii  docker-ce                             17.03.1~ce-0~ubuntu-xenial                           amd64        Docker: the open-source application container engine
rc  docker-engine                         17.04.0~ce-0~ubuntu-xenial                           amd64        Docker: the open-source application container engine

Example "how to REMOVE the packages":
Code:
aptitude purge docker-ce docker-engine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back