• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker Image

When I tried to upload an image that works on my local machine, I got `{"message":"No command specified"}` when I tried to run on Plesk. Could anyone please help? Thanks so much and I appreciate for your time.

Make sure that you upload docker image but not docker snapshot. Snapshot have no meta information to run container.

Make sure that you upload docker image but not docker snapshot. Snapshot have no meta information to run container.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried both docker save and docker image save but not luck. Could you think of any other possibility?

I did the test with publishing to public docker cloud - then the containers works perfectly; manual uploading the same does not work with the above command.

Hello,
I have the same problem. I have uploaded my image but when I want to start it, I get the following error:

Error:
{"message":"No command specified"}

I created my image on a Windows 10 64bit computer with the "docker save" command.

I don't want to upload my image to the public docker cloud. It should work without it.

Version 17.5.3

Thank you.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi,
same issue here. Uploading container created with "save"
Error: {"message":"No command specified"}

I hope someone found a solution in the last two years?

Thanks and Best!
Timm

Hi,

I did some further checks. This seems to be quite clearly a Plesk bug when uploading the container.
If you run into the issue, just sftp the image.tar to your server.
Open a console window and load it manually into your docker image storage with docker load -i image.tar
The same image that always got me the error worked fine.
I can start it with docker run from the console.
And clicking run in plesk does work as well then.
Plesk: I would be really nice to remove this old bug.

Best!
Timm

I've just signed up to point out that this is (still) a major issue.

@Timm first of all, thanks for your advice! I had to struggle a lot to find any workaround!

Still, private repositories are not supported!
And still, the provided "upload image" function is buggy (and was useless in my case)!

Back