• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Docker + MySQL 8 - charset error when adding as database server

cool_sh

Basic Pleskian
Hi all together,

I sucessfully created a docker container with the current MySQL 8.0.3
But when I try to provide it as a database server for all customers on <your_plesk_url: port>/server/db_server_edit.php the following error occurs:
Server sent charset unknown to the client. Please, report to the developers

As far as I understood the problem is the charset change in MySQL to utf8mb4 which causes the problem. But I have no idea how to fix this. Do I have to change the charset on the mysql-server inside the docker container or is there a way to fix this inside plesk?

Using Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #39 on ‪CentOS Linux 7.4.1708 (Core)‬ with the MySQL-docker-container 8.0.3-rc-1debian8

Regards

Hallo IgorG,

which PHP version do you mean?
The version plesk uses by himself ob the CentOS installation?

Sorry for questioning again but yould you guide me?
I do not know about how to change the php version plesk uses by himself.

Attachments

• error_charset_mysql8_docker.png
    error_charset_mysql8_docker.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 10
So, please correct me if I'm wrong. You are trying to connect a MySQL 8 installed in the docker, as a MySQL database server in Plesk?
But Plesk doesn't support MySQL 8 version - Software Requirements for Plesk

Code:
Database servers and tools:

MySQL 5.1–5.7
MySQL community edition 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
PostgreSQL 8.4–9.5
MariaDB 5.5, 10.0, 10.1

Back