• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

docker repository

Noam Harel

Regular Pleskian
Hi

I have an issue with the docker images, when i try to list docker images from the catalog i just can see anything,
plesk writes this: "No images are available in the catalog."

docker.png

please help

Noam

update: i tried downloading an image from: https://hub.docker.com/explore
and when i tried to do upload i got this error:

Internal error ;-P
<script></script><p>ERROR: Call to a member function getStatus() on string (IndexController.php:288)<br><br><a href='Help Center' target='_blank'>Search for related Knowledge Base articles</a></p>

another thing is: i cannot access the docker host settings again. when i first installed the extension i put in host my own server IP and in port i put 80.

Noam

Please try to re-install docker extension with

# plesk bin extension -u docker
# plesk bin extension -i docker

Please try to re-install docker extension with

# plesk bin extension -u docker
# plesk bin extension -i docker
thanks for your reply, i did what you asked, but when i am trying to set the docker i get this:
docker1.png

i already checked the /etc/hosts file and it says: 127.0.0.1 localhost

what do you suggest to put here

Noam

update: i have put again my own server IP and got my docker server running, but again no images:
docker2.png

Noam

Hi Noam Harel,

I have an issue with the docker images, when i try to list docker images from the catalog i just can see anything,
plesk writes this: "No images are available in the catalog."
actually, this is no issue/error/problem, but a "not-very-well-designed" notice.
Just use a search - term like for example "plesk", to list available docker images from the catalog with the name "plesk". ;)
At the moment, you have to define something and no "standart", "most installed", or what ever else someone could use as initial display option, is being displayed. This behaviour could be changed in future updates/upgrades for the Plesk docker Extension. :)

Hi Noam Harel,

actually, this is no issue/error/problem, but a "not-very-well-designed" notice.
Just use a search - term like for example "plesk", to list available docker images from the catalog with the name "plesk". ;)
At the moment, you have to define something and no "standart", "most installed", or what ever else someone could use as initial display option, is being displayed. This behaviour could be changed in future updates/upgrades for the Plesk docker Extension. :)

Thanks for your reply,
well i did what you said and.... it didn't help:
docker3.png

I'm a bit lost now, as it seems to not work at all
Noam

First of all, I would strongly recommend you to hide your IP address with the open port from public view. As you can imagine, consequences may be unpredictable...

Regarding your issue, I can assume that there is some kind of specific firewall rules on your server. Something does not let it out.
For example, I can reproduce your issue if I set following iptables rule:

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m string --string "docker" --algo kmp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

after that, if I run test command:

# docker run mssql

I see following errors in the output:

Unable to find image 'mssql:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: read tcp 10.52.44.14:53138->34.205.194.204:443: read: connection reset by peer.

You can try to find more details about this issue if you try to use similar command, like

# docker run hello-world

for example, and check the output.

First of all, I would strongly recommend you to hide your IP address with the open port from public view. As you can imagine, consequences may be unpredictable...

Regarding your issue, I can assume that there is some kind of specific firewall rules on your server. Something does not let it out.
For example, I can reproduce your issue if I set following iptables rule:

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m string --string "docker" --algo kmp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

after that, if I run test command:

# docker run mssql

I see following errors in the output:

You can try to find more details about this issue if you try to use similar command, like

# docker run hello-world

for example, and check the output.

thanks for your reply, i disabled plesk firewall & iptables:
# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

also i tried running your commands, but server seems to not recognise them at all:
# docker run mssql
-bash: docker: command not found
# docker run hello-world

it might be that i am missing something basic, or docker is not installed correctly...

Hi Noam Harel,

also i tried running your commands, but server seems to not recognise them at all:
# docker run mssql
# docker run hello-world

it might be that i am missing something basic, or docker is not installed correctly...
Installing only the Plesk docker extension is absolutely not sufficent to run docker on your server, you need as well the "docker engine". Since you don't provide informations about YOUR current oparting system, I can only recommend to start reading:

Back