• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain alias and SSL not working

T

timscha

Hello!

I added a domain as "domain alias" to an existing domain which has SSL with Lets Encrypt enabled. I also forced SSL for this domain.

Now the problem is, if I go to the domain with the alias domain I got an SSL warning, that the certificate is wrong, because Plesk loads the one for the "base" domain.

How can I easily fix this?

Thanks!
Tim

You can't fix it. It is doing what is is supposed to do, because the certificate is not for the alias.

Suggestion for a workaround:
1) Backup the files in your web space, so that with the following steps you cannot accidentally delete anything.
2) Remove the alias from the web space.
3) Create an additional domain in the same subscription. As the hosting directory set the same directory that you are using for the first (main) domain.
4) Create an SSL certificate for that new additional domain.

Now when you open the alias in a browser, it has a certificate and delivers the contents from the directory that your other domain is in.

Mhmm, the possibility to have an certificate for an alias would be great. But ok, I will get this way. Thank you Peter!

Back