1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain alias not working

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Red Paint, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Red Paint

Red Paint Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hello,

We're running 10.3.1 on CentOS6 and have a problem with a domain alias showing the server default page. I've tried restoring the DNS zone defaults on the primary domain, I've tried removing then re-adding the domain alias, I've tried rebooting the server, I've tried restarting bind.

The domain alias correctly resolves to our nameservers but it's just not mapping to the main domain. Any ideas on what else I could try to get this working?

Thanks
    Andy

2. Smartnet

Smartnet Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi Red Pain. Wer have exactly the same issue like you. We 're waiting for response.

3. Smartnet

Smartnet Basic Pleskian

57%
    Hi Red Pain. What we've done was a full reboot of the server and the issue solved. I just want to tell you as a litle detail that before we reboot the server we de-activate and re-activate the alias which had the problem and then we reboot the system. Hope this helps.

4. Red Paint

Red Paint Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hello Smartnet,

We also discovered a reboot kicked our alias back into line although we removed the alias, rebooted and then re-added. Thank you for posting your solution on here.

Many thanks.