• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain alias not working

Red Paint

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

We're running 10.3.1 on CentOS6 and have a problem with a domain alias showing the server default page. I've tried restoring the DNS zone defaults on the primary domain, I've tried removing then re-adding the domain alias, I've tried rebooting the server, I've tried restarting bind.

The domain alias correctly resolves to our nameservers but it's just not mapping to the main domain. Any ideas on what else I could try to get this working?

Thanks
Andy

Hi Red Pain. What we've done was a full reboot of the server and the issue solved. I just want to tell you as a litle detail that before we reboot the server we de-activate and re-activate the alias which had the problem and then we reboot the system. Hope this helps.

Hello Smartnet,

We also discovered a reboot kicked our alias back into line although we removed the alias, rebooted and then re-added. Thank you for posting your solution on here.

Many thanks.

Back