• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain alias redirect

TobiasP

Regular Pleskian
I have a domain "domain.tld" and an alias "alias.tld" all set up for a subscription. Is there a way to still maintain the email alias features but redirect users that open alias.tld to a specific site on domain.tld eg. domain.tld/alias.html?

In "Web Server Settings" there is a "Additional Apache directives" maybe there is something I can enter there so users entering alias.tld don't get redirected to domain.tld but instead to domain.tld/alias.html.
I think using htaccess in the domain.tld webfolder and using HTTP_HOST for redirecting will not work because users are already redirected when this htaccess gets evaluated.

Maybe anyone has an idea how to accomplish this?

Hi TobiasP,

Mail alias and web alias are two different things.
You can add a domain alias "alias.tld" for domain.tld. The new domain, "alias.tld" can have mail and web services activated. However these services will be served by "domain.tld'

please read more in docs:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-customer-guide/65286.htm#

I know. Especially because they are two different things and because creating an email alias on its own is more difficult (impossible) with plesk. I would like to somehow override the web alias redirect. Is this possible?

TobiasP,

You can not use rewrite rules for this, since web alias itself uses a rewrite rule to redirect customers' browsers from domain.tld to alias.tld

TobiasP,

You can not use rewrite rules for this, since web alias itself uses a rewrite rule to redirect customers' browsers from domain.tld to alias.tld

okay then, I would like to request this feature! Just enable a field for putting in a custom URL for a domainalias.

Back