• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Use domain alias as main domain in Wordpress

Quinten

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59
Hello,

This is the first time i use a domain Alias so i might be doing something wrong but i have an issue at the moment.
So i have domain A and i have made an alias for it called B and i have set it up as follows:
1709045461086.png

The goal is that when you go to B you are on A but that the domain in the browser stays on B.
I have turned the DNS zone sync off and made sure to get a certificate and i turned off the redirect because i don't want to be redirected to A.

What am i doing wrong here because when i visit B i get redirected to A.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Quinten

An alias would be the right choice to accomplish this. All you need to do is to disable the redirect, as you have already done. No need to disable the DNS zone sync (in fact it is beter to leave it on).

I you are still being redirected domain B to domain A, then there is like another redirect configured/defines somewhere else. For example, in Wordpress visitors are always redirected to the main domain.

An alias would be the right choice to accomplish this. All you need to do is to disable the redirect, as you have already done. No need to disable the DNS zone sync (in fact it is beter to leave it on).

I you are still being redirected domain B to domain A, then there is like another redirect configured/defines somewhere else. For example, in Wordpress visitors are always redirected to the main domain.
Thanks for the quick reply.
A is indeed a WordPress site, to avoid this redirect do i just change the site adres? or will that not work?

1709046567656.png

Kind Regards,
Quinten

I am not sure to be honest, my WordPress knowledge on this topic is limited. Perhaps some else on the forum knows.

I changed the "Site Adres" Value to B and it seems to have done the job, thank you for leading me in the right direction.

This is now solved.

Kind Regards,
Quinten

Back