• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain and Name Servers Problem

G

GeePower

Hey,

I have a problem, I have put into my server two domains. But, one is not working. The first one, I have made as a host domain. But, the other I cannot. So, I have to use name servers of the first domain.

Can anyone tell me what to change into zone file. What do I have to do into my second domain? And do I have to put any records to the first domain that another domain is using its name servers?

Thank you.

I'm not quite clear on your problem.

It may be that you have not understood the nameserver setup.

Have a look here: http://www.cymru1.net/linux-vps/vps-hints-and-tips.php (Click on "Understanding and setting up DNS).

In a nutshell, if you want Plesk to control DNS, you need to create nameserver hosts records (via your registrar) for one domain, pointing to the IPs of your Plesk server.

Use these as nameserver (NS) records for all your domains (add them to your templates so that it is automatic when you add a new domain to the panel). Plesk will handle the rest automatically.

Back