• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Backup

S

smilinmike

The Domain Backup button is inactive. How do I backup my sites? Is there something additional I need to do to activate it?

Mailed Support about this.. told me it's in development and no release date is set yet.

Pretty useless this way... I've allready bought it and i'm pissed.

I also wish I had been told more about issues and functionality prior to becoming involved in Plesk for Windows. But, I am involved and customers do like it. It is very simple to use, and the customers can understand it, unlike many hosting control panels on the market.

Thier have been multiple times I was ready to throw it out, but I keep coming back to my customers. Most of the problems I am experiencing I can correct manually. Because of this, I am still using plesk. My customers pay my bills and when they are happy I can be happy. If it takes me time, so what.

If you are looking to backup, many backup software programs out there allow you to specify directories. Just specify the Vhosts directory the plesks creates and the plesk directory. This should allow you to keep a good constant backup until the backup feature is released. :)

okay... but what about mail configuration and plesk configuration... ? I guess that is not backed up by coping some files !?

Actually, mail would be by backing up the mailenable directory. As for Plesk, know. Since it integrates with IIS. This means you would have to do a manual backup to file of the configuration in IIS then back it up and back up the Plesk Dir. I believe, but you would have to check with support, that if you restored a system, restored IIS from a backup configuration file from the exact same time plesk was copied, and then copied back over the Plesk dir, that everything would come back up. I'm not sure about this though, so you would want to ask support.

I do a full server backup almost everyday so I don't worry about just backing up plesk. It's quicker to get my systems back up this way.

I did asked support for a workaround, got only the answer that no release date for the tool was set.. nothing more.

Try being specific. Ask "Will this work" then define it. If you be generic you get generic answers. They are good at that. :( Learned the hard way.

Regarding the Domain Backup feature in Plesk 6.5...

We will release a Patch to fix well know and documented issues in Plesk 6.5 for Windows shortly. The Backup and Restore utilities (required for domain level backup feature to work) will begin testing after the software is patched.

Our Linux users know that these utilities perform a list of complex tasks in addition to domain level backup activation as will the Windows version of the utility.

If you're interested in Beta testing the Backup and Restore utilities we should have a version available late next week. To test the beta version contact [email protected] to be added to the list of testers for the coming release.

Regards,

Todd L. Crumpler
SWsoft, Inc.

Back