• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain Connect with Cloudflare still throwing 404 after all these years

TH-pleskuser

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.54 Update #4, last updated on Aug 25, 2023 06:26 AM
Hi there, I've seen loads of forum posts but it looks like people gave up...

I'm trying to connect my plesk install with my cloudlfare account to sync the DNS settings... However I only get the 404 page on cloudflare that everyone has mentioned here in the forum. Is there no Plesk employee who cares about this? After all, this removes a lot of issues (if it's working)...

Thanks!

How could someone find a solution to this from the description given? You mention "Domain Connect" but do not explain what you are doing with it. How did you setup Cloudflare? Are you using the free Plesk Cloudflare extension for it? Have you configured it manually? You mention that you get 404 pages on Cloudflare. Do you mean that Cloudflare is showing 404 pages or doe you mean that your website is showing 404 pages? The description is quite nebulous. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue?

Here it could also be best to simply open a ticket with Plesk support https://support.plesk.com, as it seems that lots of questions need to be solved before it is clear what the actual problem is.

Hi Peter,

I took for granted that everyone knows what I'm talking about, as there are tons of posts in this forum and across google on the topic.
Not sure what is unclear, I mentioned above that I am trying to "connect my plesk install with my cloudlfare account to sync the DNS settings".

This is referred to by Plesk (not me) as "Domain Connect". Cloudflare is properly set up with a token and the correct permissions per the instructions in plesk. The page I am getting (the 404) is the same that EVERY user that has this issue has posted numerous times on the internet. So the 404 is on cloudflare, not my own install.. I mention this in my post" I only get the 404 page on cloudflare".

People have opened tickets in the past and nothing happened. yet, I might try that indeed, better than nothing. Thanks Peter, appreciate the time.

cf-err-png.18583

O.k.,got you. I think the issue is that Cloudflare does not support the protocol. It's been posted as a response to an issue report here: Forwarded to devs - Cloudflare is throwing 404 error when connecting the domain
Anyway, are you using the Plesk Cloudflare extension? That should work trouble-free. Please check-out the extension description here:
Maybe this can help you as an alternative approach to solve the issue?

Thanks, this is the extension I am using (it's the only one). Cloudflare supports the protocol 100%, why would the extension otherwise exist? It's specifically for cloudflare and plesk... Not sure I get your point about cloudflare not supporting a protocol....

"Domain Connect" and "DNS integration for Clouflare" are two different things. From the above description I assume you have the "Domain Connect" extension installed and enabled. Instead, Cloudflare can be integrated with the "DNS integration for Cloudflare" extension.

To make the whole process easier for you, I suggest to let Plesk staff check it directly on your server. Please open a support ticket with them https://support.plesk.com. They'll sure be able to determine what's going on and how to solve it.

Back