• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain does not work

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Today, I have one domain in Plesk Onyx and it stopped to work. After checking basic issues (DNS, expiration date...) I found all is correct.

I recreate the DNS settings but it does not work also. Suspend, unsuspend... nothing.

I reconfigured the domain ( /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain domain.com) and nothing.

I restart apache, bind... on the server, nothing

If I do a ping to domain.com from my computer -> host unknown
If I do a ping to domain.com from inside the server -> host unknown

Rest of the domains on the server works fine.

Any ideas?

It seems to me you don't know how DNS works.
If a ping to your domain gives the message "host unknown" means that your DNS is not properly configured.

For this you need to know who is doing DNS for your domain.
As I don't have your domain I can't check anything for you.

By issuing the command "whois <domain.com>" you can find out who is doing DNS for your domain.
Maybe it's some party that you stopped paying and has now stopped doing DNS for you.

Edit your local host file to point directly to the correct IP address / domain name.. if it works you know you have a DNS problem on your hands

@SalvadorS From the initial description, the most likely cause of the issue is that in the domain data record another name server set is entered than the nameservers that you checked when checking the DNS records. You may have correct DNS records, but these are not used for the domains. Make sure that in your domain record the correct DNS servers are enlisted.

@SalvadorS you can PM me with your REAL domain and then I can tell you what's wrong and how to solve it...
The solution is not that difficult, but you are incapable of giving enough information to solve this. If you were able to, you would not need our help.....

catch22

We can only guess what is wrong now....

Back