• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Email problems

C

Colmac

Hi,

Since updating plesk a few weeks ago, email on all of the domains on our server working after a couple of days and sometimes overnight. I have to disable and enable email on a domain to get it working again.

I have googled the problem and haven’t found much. Most articles that I read talked about making sure that the problem domains are in the rcpthosts file and virtualhosts file of qmail. I have checked this and all of our domains are in the files, even when they are not working.

I have watched the mail log when mail is not working and nothing was going through until I disabled a domain’s email and then enabled it, then a flood of emails went through to all domains.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be the problem? If I knew what the enable/disable button in the plesk control panel does it would be a lot easier to identify the problem.

Thanks.

I've had a similar problem one month ago.
I could not to determinate which is the orgin of mail flood but I solved in this way:
-Install the tcpwrapper daemon tool
-Remove smtp service from xinetd
-Configure smtp service in tcpwrapper

Tcpwrapper, is a more flexible superdaemon that allow to deny too much multiple connection to the same service.

Thanks blackdeep!:)

I checked the system log and have sourced the problem. It seems that xinetd restarts itself randomly and when this happens, it fails to start the smtp services.

Do you think the restarting could be caused by too many concurrent connections to xinetd?

I am going to try using tcpwrapper and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks again.

In my server too many smtp connections caused xinetd to crash, in your i don't know. If you post some row of /var/log/messages and /var/log/secure i can be more helpful

Bye..

Back