• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Domain hosted in Plesk , forbid access 8443

Inma

Regular Pleskian
Hello, when we create a hosting by default everyone has access to domain.com :8443

Is there any way to remove that url to only one hosting out of many we have?

Thanks

No no, in this case it is not possible and there it is.

was what I was afraid of,..,. just in case I ask

And using in the domain the lets encrip... if I buy a rapid ssl to protect the domain:8443 how could it be? maybe this would solve the problem of the client who complains that the access domain.com:8443 is not secure.

the shared server I have it with access to the machine not to the domain I do not know if I understand me

You cannot at the same time use a domain name for a website AND protect it by an SSL certificate for the port :8443 login page.

Could you please describe what the underlying issue is? You can easily protect the Plesk login page with a free Let's Encrypt certificate. You can also create a custom URL for the login page and protect that custom URL with a free certificate. If a user chooses to address that page through the user's domain that is used for a website otherwise, he can do that, but then he'll not get the correct certificate. As there is no need to open the login page through a "wrong" URL this should not pose an issue.

The customer wants that when accessing domain.com:8443 it does not load anything or redirect

because what loads now is "error in certificate" as is normal plesk ssl is under the main domain of the machine compartidla shared solution that you raise before (lock access to Plesk Admin on only one URL) is good if it were in a vps exclusive yours that you touch what you want

but in a shared one we do not touch anything at server level.

How do you suggest me to make a redirection?

Back