1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain not IP binded

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Triloxigen, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Triloxigen

Triloxigen Guest

Is there a way to make a domain work while not depending on a IP adres?

2. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

Use frame forwarding? Not sure, I mean a webserver answers on an IP and then is either a virtual name based domain or a domain that is exclusive to an IP. So by that, I would assume you need to have a domain associated at least with the default admin IP on your plesk server. Its needed in the Apache configuration.

J

3. Triloxigen

Triloxigen Guest

If you have a clan Apache version you just can use * on the place of an IP and it wil listen on all IP's.

But woth Plesk that seems to be impossible :(

4. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

You are right, Apache does listen on a wildcard ie all IP's bound or listed in the "LISTEN" argument of the Apache config. Short of hacking up the PSA httpd.conf file, not sure.

J