• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Domain Not Resvolable

mog

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am running plesk on a Windows Server 2016 Essentials Virtual Machine which is located on my Hypervisor Host (Hyper - V).

For some reason, I can't get plesk to resolve the domain. I talked with my registrar and they said everything was configured correctly on their side. So I think the issue is on the Host side.

The problem I am running into is that plesk keeps pointing to my VM's IP Address and not the external IP Address of the host. I did manage to change this however by using the plesk reconfigurator but still can't get the domain to resolve. I think it's because the NIC on the VM is still pointing to the internal IP of the VM - and not the external IP of the host.... Or it could be some completely different.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get around this? Is there anything I should configure on the Hyper-V side? Maybe create a new external switch that points to the external IP and add it to the VM?

Any help at this point would be delightful...

Thanks
Mog

Back