1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Questions

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ddauer, Aug 20, 2008.

1. ddauer

ddauer Guest

Hi, I've got a few how-tos I can't figure out (moving to plesk from confixx)

1. When managing multiple domains using Plesk, how can I set the main file root when someone accesses my hostname/ip directly (which hosts multiple domains)? (In Confixx, this was web0's directory I think)

2. How can I manage webspace for clients that won't have a domain? Not at all, right? So I'd have to create a domain, but when I want the client to be able to access the domain via http://x.x.x.x/test/ or test.hostname.com, how would I have to set things up?

Sorry, the differences between these two confuse me...

Thanks for any reply.

2. avit

avit Guest

1. For your main domain, you just need to set up a regular domain. If it's accessed by name, that all you need. If it's accessed by IP, you should have a PTR record in your DNS for the IP address which resolves to that name.

2. Good questions... I'm trying to figure that out as well. As far as I can tell, there's no place where you can set up a domain's webroot directory to point to a different place, and e.g. have a testing/temporary subdomain name pointed at the client's webroot directory before DNS is moved. (Is there a place to edit VirtualHost template defaults or individual domain settings?)