• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Questions

D

ddauer

Hi, I've got a few how-tos I can't figure out (moving to plesk from confixx)

1. When managing multiple domains using Plesk, how can I set the main file root when someone accesses my hostname/ip directly (which hosts multiple domains)? (In Confixx, this was web0's directory I think)

2. How can I manage webspace for clients that won't have a domain? Not at all, right? So I'd have to create a domain, but when I want the client to be able to access the domain via http://x.x.x.x/test/ or test.hostname.com, how would I have to set things up?

Sorry, the differences between these two confuse me...

Thanks for any reply.

1. For your main domain, you just need to set up a regular domain. If it's accessed by name, that all you need. If it's accessed by IP, you should have a PTR record in your DNS for the IP address which resolves to that name.

2. Good questions... I'm trying to figure that out as well. As far as I can tell, there's no place where you can set up a domain's webroot directory to point to a different place, and e.g. have a testing/temporary subdomain name pointed at the client's webroot directory before DNS is moved. (Is there a place to edit VirtualHost template defaults or individual domain settings?)

Back