• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Domain Questions

D

ddauer

Guest
Hi, I've got a few how-tos I can't figure out (moving to plesk from confixx)

1. When managing multiple domains using Plesk, how can I set the main file root when someone accesses my hostname/ip directly (which hosts multiple domains)? (In Confixx, this was web0's directory I think)

2. How can I manage webspace for clients that won't have a domain? Not at all, right? So I'd have to create a domain, but when I want the client to be able to access the domain via http://x.x.x.x/test/ or test.hostname.com, how would I have to set things up?

Sorry, the differences between these two confuse me...

Thanks for any reply.
 
1. For your main domain, you just need to set up a regular domain. If it's accessed by name, that all you need. If it's accessed by IP, you should have a PTR record in your DNS for the IP address which resolves to that name.

2. Good questions... I'm trying to figure that out as well. As far as I can tell, there's no place where you can set up a domain's webroot directory to point to a different place, and e.g. have a testing/temporary subdomain name pointed at the client's webroot directory before DNS is moved. (Is there a place to edit VirtualHost template defaults or individual domain settings?)
 
Back
Top