• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain stays disabled after scheduled backup

D

Daniel Geist

A while back a scheduled backup failed because the hard drive was full.
Since then one of my 2 domains won't be re-enabled after a scheduled backup.
I have to enable it manually via the console
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --on myDomain.tld
How can I fix this so the domain becomes active again after the backup?

Does domain becomes active after successful but not failed backup?

I have checked and found that we have already submitted request to developers regarding this problem. It is still under developer's investigation and I hope it will be fixed soon. Request ID is #33677 for your reference.

Can you provide a link where we could report bugs & feature requests for Parallels? For e.g. I have known this bug over a year now and we have informed our clients not to use Scheduled backup because of this bug. But I have not been able to report it to Parallels anywhere...

Anyways, the bug behaviour occurs if you select "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" in "Scheduled Backup Settings" and activate the task. I am not sure does it occur on daily backup, but at least weekly it does.

I presume that Plesk disables the domain during the backup, but on some cases it doesn't enable it after the backup is finished.

Also I have experienced that even though the domain is succesfully enabled after scheduled backup, on some cases the mail service is still disabled and the sender that tries to send e-mail to existing mail address on this domain receives failure notice. It seems that domain is removed from rcpthosts and if the Qmail is restarted during this removal time, the qmail still thinks that domain's e-mail is not hosted on this server.

- Short term fix for us when experiencing this bug is to disable "Suspend domains until backup task is completed", enable the domain and restart the Qmail server

Fixing this issue by Parallels should be done as follows:

- First of all, I think this feature "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" should not be selected on default
- Secondly fi "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" is selected, the behaviour is so that after the backup is finished, Plesk should restart the Bind nameserver, Apache as well as the Qmail server to make sure that suspended domains are for sure activated again

I also recommend that "Maximum number of backups in repository" in "Scheduled Backup Settings" should have some value on default, like 7 pieces, to prevent users set scheduled backups that results as their web hosting package to fill with backups (and after the resources are depleted, Plesk will disable the web hosting package).

This bug has been running since Plesk 8.x so I just haven't cared, as for me it seems that these are never fixed anyways. I hope Parallesl would fix this in Plesk 9.5!

I also have a lot of more bug fixes & improvement suggestions if just somebody from Parallels would listen and I could tell them. Any ideas? Anywhere to submit them?

Back