• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dovecot seems down, but...

OverWolf

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
from panel Server Management, in services management, Dovecot is stopped; but if I check the status from terminal is running. Dovecot service is running from watchdog too. So, why from plesk front end is not running ?

I had some problem with some deferred email so I've check KB and I have repair mail from this link : Email messages are not delivered and remain in mail queue: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory.
But after this repair I had had imap not pass, so I have try this KB Incoming emails are not delivered: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory and with command : plesk repair mail, my result was 0 errors.
After this I have seen that from Plesk Panel Dovecot service seems not running... but it isn't true.

What can I do now to sync panel with service ?

Thank you

Check that file /var/run/dovecot/master.pid exists when Dovecot is running and does not exist when Dovecot is stopped.
As possible solution try to re-install dovecot with:

# plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component dovecot
# plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component dovecot

Hi IgorG,
yes, master.pid exists when Dovecot is running and does not exist when I stop the service. However from Plesk panel service is not running.
I'll try to reinstall dovecot and report here the result

Hi IgorG,

a little update: I've tried to remove "deliverquota" that I have download from this KB , stop the service, and then restar it. Now from Plesk panel I can see that Dovecot is running. o_O
Is there some incompatibility with this command ? I have download it for my Plesk version (17.5.3) so, I've not put a wrong version. But, without that command in /usr/bin Plesk can "see" the service.

But it is file from psa-courier-imap package, another IMAP service, replacement of Dovecot. You can't mix Dovecot and Courier files on your server. You can use Courier or Dovecot.

Hi IgorG,
I have reach that KB directly when I clicked on error from Plesk panel.
So, this is was my fault.
Anyway, thank you

Hi IgorG,
new update. After I have delete deliverquota, all email has been deferred. Why ?
I have must put deliverquota in /urs/bin/ and then postsuper -r ALL to send all.
What is going on ?

I would suggest you reinstall Dovecot and rebuild default mailserver settings with

# plesk repair mail

I'll can try this option tonight. I hope that reinstall Dovecot all costumer mail and configuration still remain as they are. It it ?

@marvin Courier, but how is the "didn't work for me" related to this thread? Do you really have the exact same issue that others had six years ago in a now ancient Plesk version?

Back