• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DOVECOT SERVER HELP

m4tt1987

New Pleskian
Hi

I've been having some issues with a remote dovecot server. Due to Covid...There is no way to reach the server physically. I can login to my dovecot server via ftp (unsecured) with root. I can move, edit folders and files, however my question is,

Via FTP root account (it does not have its own email), because I have no other credentials for SSH or for Imap/POP3, can I still send email using the server address (there are 100 email accounts , Im the unfortunate temporary admin). Is there a way to setup a new account via ftp, or at least setup an existing account to use as an email adress. The way the hosting provider has it setup does not allow me to login. I have the root credential for FTP, but none of the credentials for each individual mail account. Therefore allowing me to read new mail incoming on the accounts only by downloading the 'new;' folder or 'current' folder.
Any help is appreciated.

I cannot rule out that in some configuration it could be possible to move files into a server that enable you to get SSH access, but normally it should not be possible. You need to talk to your service provider instead.

Hi. Sorry, I took advantage of your post, but I've searched a lot and I'm not finding an answer.

Someone would know to tell me if it is possible to move a user from VHost.
I have 2 servers sharing load, but I would like to put a specific user on a specific host.

It's possible?

Back