• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Downgrade server to use ioncube

JensP

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.63
Hello,

I have installed Plesk and the server is running php8.2.20 according to "php -V", but I need the ioncube-loader for cron jobs.

No matter what I have tried so far in the console, it keeps telling me that 8.2.20 is installed. But it should be 8.1.

libapache2-mod-php8.2 install

php8.3 [install] - PHP 8.3
php8.2 [install] - PHP 8.2
php8.1 [up2date] - PHP 8.1
php8.0 [install] - PHP 8.0 (outdated)
php7.4 [install] - PHP 7.4 (outdated)
phpgroup [up2date] - PHP from OS vendor

That`s the outpot php -v

PHP 8.2.20 (cli) (built: Jun 17 2024 13:33:14) (NTS)
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v4.2.20, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v8.2.20, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Can you please help me?

Hi there, I am not sure if I understand why you want to downgrade your PHP version.

Plesk allows you to install and use multiple PHP version on your server. Which can be used via command line to. Calling the php uses the default PHP version shipped with your OS. If you want to use any of the PHP version distributed by Plesk via command line you can call /opt/plesk/php/X.X/bin/php (replace X.X with the PHP version you want to use, for example 8.1). Make sure however that this version is installed on your server.

More information about installing ionCube for a particular PHP distributed by Plesk can be found here:

Hi, its online 8.1 installed and 8.2 needed for OS? I need the 8.1 for WHMCS, it works fine, but the cron job to sync don`t work. If i enter the command i get this output:

/opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php
Failed loading /usr/lib/php/20220829/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so: /usr/lib/php/20220829/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I have to install ioncube-loader 7.1?

Thank you for your support.

@JensP Are you using a chrooted shell and did you add the ionCube loader on your own? In that case you need to choose the correct task type for your scheduled task to not use the chrooted shell or you need to add the ionCube loader also to the chrooted shell.

Back