• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Downgraded Mysql and now plesk won't run

A

adamluz

I needed to down grade my mysql and now plesk won't run. how can I fix this? Error message is below:

ERROR: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: Table './psa/misc' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:216
db_query(string 'select param, val from misc')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:513
get_param(string 'mysql41_compatible')
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:410
db_set_names()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:389
db_connect_real(string 'localhost', string 'admin', string '********', string 'psa')
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:369
db_connect()
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:87

Re-upgraded the mysql to just get past these issues. Now psa won't start. Attempted to reinstall and this is what happens

===> Installing rbash
Checking that /bin/rbash registered as login shell...
/bin/rbash is already registered as login shell

===> Installing psa database
Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to remove chunks from MySQL database... done
done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database... DATABASE ERROR!!!
Database psa found, but version undefined

ERROR while trying to find psa database
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.2.0_fc4.build82070706.15_upgrade.070718.10.13.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-8.2.0-fc4.build82070706.15.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
12:psa-awstats-configurato########################################### [ 75%]
13:psa-horde ########################################### [ 81%]
done
14:psa-api ########################################### [ 88%]
15:psa-imp ########################################### [ 94%]
done

ERROR while trying to execute SQL query, the query was: REPLACE Components (name, version) VALUES ('psa-imp', '4.1.4')
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-imp_4.1.4_fc4.build82070706.15_upgrade.070718.10.13.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-imp-4.1.4-fc4.build82070706.15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
16:psa-updates ########################################### [100%]

got psa running again... sheesh, but i still need to downgrade mysql. Is this possible on 8.2? with out having conflicts?

Would have been nice to know if there was a solution (other than re-writing the PHP scripts) to this. I'm in the same position and hoping not to have to re-install Plesk.

Jacko

Back